: Welcome to the Smallford Forums.

: Introductions!  ( 2480 )

Jeff Lewis

• Administrator
  • : 7
Introductions!
« : February 21, 2013, 04:42:18 PM »
Hello Everybody, I'm Jeff.  For my sins I happen to be chair of Smallford Residents Association (SRA) and the Smallford Station Project Leader.  This is an important stage of the project, in establishing this website - the first part of which is getting this forum up and running and most importantly, in use!
I look forward to the many interesting and diverse conversations that this forum will initiate.

Be well, go well.

Jeff

JM

• : 20
    • AutoVolt Magazine
Re: Introductions!
« #1 : February 22, 2013, 04:15:13 PM »
Hello,
I'm Jonathan and my input into this project will be the technology side of things, including this forum and the website which will be able to show all of the Smallford station project progress. I'm looking forward to discovering some interesting facts about Smallford and hope that this project will bring our community closer together.
Jonathan.

Jon Brindle

• : 1
Re: Introductions!
« #2 : February 26, 2013, 11:32:36 AM »
Hello All,
I'm Jon. I have a keen interest in local history and write (very badly) for the Hatfield History Society. I also co- compiled a booklet about the Hatfield branch lines; which included recollections from some people who had a working association with the
Hatfield-St.Albans line.
I'm particularly interested in gleaning more recollections from people that used Smallford station. I also want to explore the possibility of conducting an 'archaeological' dig near the former Smallford track to unearth some artefacts from, perhaps, the guys that even laid the railway.