nnnn – 1874
Relationship with the Hatfield and St Albans Railway Company:
- The Minute Book records that he was one of four who attended the first Board meeting, on Thursday 11th December 1862.
- The Minute book also records that he was elected Deputy-Chairman of the company at the third Board meeting, on 22nd April 1863.
- His last Board meeting was that of 18th March 1870, at which time he took the chair.
- Wife died before he did.
- Died on 15th December 1874, at Quimper ,Finisterre, France.
- Probate granted on 10th February 1875: effects under £2,000.
- Death reported in the company’s Minutes of 4th February 1882.
- Amongst his directorships were:
- The Victoria Railways – Geelong and Ballarat line (c1856) (Deputy-Chairman).
- The Watford and Rickmansworth Railway (1860).
- The Uxbridge and Rickmansworth Railway (never built).
- The Rickmansworth, Amersham and Chesham Railway (never built).
- The Greenwich & Woolwich Railway (c1860).
- The Mid-Sussex and Midhurst Junction Railway (c1861) (Chairman).
- The Paris Land Company (Ltd) (c1861).
- The Universal Private Telegraph Company (c1861).
- The Hatfield & St Albans Railway (1862) (Deputy-Chairman).
- The London and South of Ireland Direct Telegraph Company (Limited) (c1862).
- The Eltham Valley Railway.
- 49 Pall Mall, St James’s, London.
Information gathered from:
- The Hatfield & St Albans Railway Company Minute Book.
- Wills Index.
- The Times Digital Archive.