c1836 – 1879
Relationship with the Hatfield and St Albans branch:
- Stationmaster at Smallford, c1878.
- Born in about 1837, in Wrestlingworth, Bedfordshire, of Jesse and Charlotte Carver.
- Married Eliza (Chance or Phillips) in 1860, in Barnet, Middlesex.
- Died in 1879 (?in Smallford Station House, St Albans, Hertfordshire?).
- Wrestlingworth, Bedfordshire.
- Gravel Mount, East Retford, Nottinghamshire.
- New Town, Hatfield, Hertfordshire.
- Station House, Great Northern Railway, Smallford, St Albans, Hertfordshire.
He, his mother and 2 brothers are at Wrestlingworth, Bedfordshire, in the 1841 census.
He and, his wife are at Gravel Mount, East Retford, Nottinghamshire, in the 1861 census: Rail Signal Man.
He, his wife and 3 daughters are at New Town, Hatfield, Hertfordshire, in the 1871 census: Railway Signalman.
Information gathered from:
- The Roger Taylor archive.
- Census returns.
- Parish Register (baptism).
- Marriage Index.
- Deaths Index.